Tuesday, July 11, 2006

1st day in Melbourne

We arrived at the airport exhausted. Though we flew business class, we just didn't manage to rest well. I was worried that my food stuff which I was declaring would be confiscated. Aiya, it was just worrying for nothing. The clearance was so easy! Man, I should have brought my xiaobai along! :(

So off to the serviced apartment we went. We put our luggage and headed to the city to get our calling cards, prepaid cards and set up bank accounts. It was nostalgia all over again. I remembered vaguely the time I came Melbourne about 2 years ago with Huiqi. But this time round, I ain't a tourist anymore. I'm going to call this place home. Don't really know if I'm up to it. :

Anyhow, worrying ain't for the stylo. It's time to fill our stomachs with food! Our first meal in Melbourne, special set lunch meal at cafe A1 in Chinatown, recommended by hot babe. Look at that greedy face of hers! Ha, but oh well, the food ain't great. The yuan yang ain't fantastic. It was a disappointment. A very expensive one, to be exact. It cost me A$9? Which is like S$10? Just for a set lunch that taste like tomatoes? Come on! :(

Guess what we spotted on our way back to our serviced apartment? Haha, the focus of our trip to Melbourne. PwC Singapore! Ha, the building doesn't look fantastic in the day, but it does look quite decent at night! Oh man, look at all those lights. Does it mean people are still busy working away? OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No comments: